Puch Promenade Restoration Continued and Completed.

More work on the Puch Promenade, in fact it is almost finished. I have been a bit lax with the updates on this blog, which I expect no one reads. No matter it acts as a diary for me. Below are a couple of photos when I received the bike, note the black painted handlebars. Paint had also spilled onto other parts of bike, which was a pain to remove. 

Before Refurbishment 

Before Refurbishment 

Below are some photos of the bike as it stand now after a full nut and bolt refurbishment including some photos of the bike in bits. 

All the chrome has been cleaned, de-rusted and polished, including the racks which were time consuming. I swapped over the handlebar and stem from another donor ( the green one mentioned elsewhere on this blog)  Puch which was in better condition. I bought a new Spa Cycles ( NIDD) leather saddle which is very like a Brooks B17. 

New tyres are also fitted. 

After Refurbishment 







Hard to find Puch branded handle bar grips with reflectors. 


Spa Cycles Saddle


Shiny chrome front rack and front light. 


Dynamo lights have cleaned up well and Still work with original 45 year old bulbs. 


Coming together



Cleaned spindle and new ball bearings.


Cleaned out the bottom bracket.


I have not yet fitted the plastic rear rack tabs ( photo above) they need refurbishing. 

I also have a new Puch foil decal to fit on the seat tube, I have not yet had time to affix that yet. 


Reproduction Puch foil Decal, made by my friend David. 


Read about my Dawes Kingpin here:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puch Promenade Bicycle Refurbishing

Puch Promenade Bicycle - Another Bike